Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mid-August Scripture Memorization

I'm a day late and a dollar short - again!  This non-structured summer thing we all have going on here, at least for us local public school folk, is stupendous!  I type this with a wink because as much as I love flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, at the same time I do appreciate some structure.  We're enjoying it while we still can because we are in the very tail end of summer...five days and counting...

Let me stop here for a minute and give Thanks to the God we serve.  I cannot believe His Word has been able to stick, like crazy glue, into my finite little brain.  He is a powerful, mysterious God!!  I have to write everything down just to keep up with life in order to maintain, and then because I tend to fall on the side of spontaniety, I have to remember to look at the list!  Can anyone sympathize with me on this?  Also, let me give credit to Living Proof Ministries.  This memory verse idea originated from Beth Moore who challenged her community in January, 2011.  It was a challenge I couldn't refuse!!  Let's keep the mind active and sharp in His Word to let His promises be renewed in our everyday lives.

My mid-August verse is...
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

What verse are you drawn to this mid-month?

I hope to see you at the Austin Christian Fellowship http://acfellowship.org/ Summer Concert this Friday night at 7pm for a night of songs & stories by Jenn Alexander.  You can visit http://jennalexandermusic.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment