Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Thursday, October 4, 2012

My how I've missed writing and meeting you here...

It's been months.  So much has changed!

For weeks now I have been without words for my overwhelming sense of gratitude.  I've been asked many times over the last couple of months how our family is doing; the children, their school, etc. and I've been at a lose for words beyond great!, wonderful!, grateful!  None of which really fit the bill.  While contemplating for a better understanding of what it was I was truly feeling, it came over me... contentment.  I have contentment!

While God had to take the loooong way around for me, it was worth the two year journey.  I would go again although it wasn't an easy path.  There were not many familiar faces.  But all the while He knew what He was doing.  I, on the other hand, had no idea!  The only reason I (we) ever agreed to go along with Him, was because He called us to it.  This I was sure of.  By this time in my walk with Him, I knew obedience was the wisest decision to make.  Oh, I've done life my own way before where I made my own decisions regardless of what I felt He was calling me to.   That was a nightmare.  I ended up in a huge mess.  With that being said, in the end, I now have a healthy fear Of the Lord.

This time He had called me out of  'my normal' routine and placed me and my family in a very unfamiliar setting.  Looking back over the last two years I see His favor, His grace and mercies, and His provision.  I spent a lot of time with Him.  Getting to Know Him, Love Him, and Serve Him.  (My pastor would be so happy at me right now!!)  Anyway, I would like to encourage those of you who are in a situation you may not understand, but know that with everything in you, He called you to it...stay the course!  Please.  You will be blessed by your obedience. You may not make many friends and you may not be popular, but that's not the point.  The point is you are living out your very own unique purpose, your mission.  He has His hand upon you.  Stay the course.  Even if He's given you the bigger picture yet you have NO idea how it will all come together.  Be still.  Be patient.  He's there and He's moving heaven and earth.  Keep surrendering.  HE WILL provide.


Hebrews 10:23

New International Version (NIV)
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.




I just had to get on here to tell you that today.  You will also know when you've arrived.


Be blessed today as you continue living and abiding in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment