Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life is not a dress rehearsal...

I have seen this saying on many ornate signs.  I found myself giving this eternal thought. Do you ever ponder how your heart will be before the Lord?  Scripture says every knee will bow and every tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord (Phillipians 2:9-11).  I often think about earning the respect of our Lord.  And if this is even possible.

In Isaiah 66:1-2 this is what the Lord says...

1 "Heaven is my throne,
       and the earth is my footstool.
   Where is the house you will build for me?
   Where will my resting place be?
   Has not my hand made all these things,
   and so they came into being?"
                                                declares the Lord.

2 "This is the one I esteem;
    he who is humble and contrite in spirit,
    and trembles at my word."

These two verses confirm that we CAN have the respect of our Lord by living our lives out in Christ and seeking a healthy, balanced perspective of the life He calls us to live; one that is humble, contrite, and abundant in faith.  Amazing!  Us, having the respect of our Lord.  I hope this day brings you great joy and finds you striving to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

The mind bender is not what we're building for God but what He is building with us.

Enjoy the sunshine!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment