Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Building our faith...

I have found myself back at the foundation of the true purpose and mission of Jesus Christ. I pray to Him often (sometimes it seems like every second of every day). I don't always focus on His purpose or mission. Lately, He has seemed so vastly great to me that I found myself in need of taking a time out. A time to sit back and absorb who He is and what He's capable of. Do you get side tracked in your faith? Do you find yourself in a rut with your routine of bringing Him your life and forget who He is and what He's capable of?

Luke 4:18-19 (NIV) says:

18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor (those who are with utter hopelessness).
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners (sinners)
and recovery of sight for the blind (those who are blinded by the enemy from Jesus Christ),
to release the oppressed (the broken)
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Jesus's ministry brings me to my knees. God sent His One and Only son to set you and me free from all of our hopelessness... worry, anxiety, need for perfection, fear, loneliness, exhaustion, relational struggles, etc. Anything that takes our attention off finding complete peace in Him needs to be prayed about. Let's build our faith together by (1) acknowledging we need Him in all areas of our lives (with the many hats we wear), (2) submitting all of our control to Him, and (3) expecting Him to act.

Remember, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Read Psalm 139 for jaw-dropping wonders! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment