Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My heart is for you to be content...

I have been thinking about each one of you a lot this week.  I hope you are putting your eyes on the Lord.  Contentment with what God has placed before you is what I so desperately want all of us to experience.  I have become to trust God in the midst of my confusion, uncertainies, and various other trials by practicing Thanksgiving in my prayer life.  I have been advised to this before, but cannot say I was at a level of spiritual maturity to grasp the full understanding, therefore did not put it into play.  I believe humility can bring thankfulness during life's challenging times that result in finding favor in the eyes of our Lord.  My heart's desire for you is to give all your worries and anxieties to the Lord because He cares for you.  He promises to lift you up in due time.  (I Peter 5:6-7).  Let this inspire you to not only give Him thanks for the positive situations in your life, but to come to a place where you can give thanks during trying times too.  In doing so, we give Him the opportunity to refine us while subsequently building our trust in Him.

Phillippians 4:4-9 reads...
4  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!    5  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.    6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.    7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.    8  Finally, ...sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.    9  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.

Shalom. (Peace be with you)

No comments:

Post a Comment