Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 1st Memory Verse

My family and I returned two days ago from Marco Island, FL. A much needed vacation. Serious relaxation! Serious play! This explains why I am late with this post. Thank you for your inquiries as to where I was and why I had not made an update. Your inquiries keep me inspired.

Here goes...
Job 27:4-6
4 my lips will not speak wickedness,
and my tongue will utter no deceit.
5 I will never admit you are in the right;
till I die, I will not deny my integrity.
6 I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it;
my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

For now this is the Scripture that I find will be easy to memorize and somewhat harder to live out. I am in the latter half of a seven year battlefield with my neighbor. Yes, my NEIGHBOR! Not a pretty position to be in. Let me also let you in on something almost funny!! On one side is the home/office of my beloved friend and pastor, and on the other is the opposite thereof. And then there is me and my family in the middle. Oftentimes I have to remember when my husband and me drove up in the driveway in January 2001 with our 9 month old son, this house screamed HOME. There was no doubt in my mind, this is where we were to live. Go figure!?!

I have to practice and recall Galations 5:22-23 when bombarded with the chaos this stirs up when preparing for trial (or any difficult situation for that matter). I memorized the Galations Scriptures last month on top of I Corinthians 2:9...not only word for word but in sign language too! I found the sign language portion to be an AMAZING experience; using my very hands to cite God's Word was a form of worship I had never experienced. I encourage you to try it when the opportunity presents itself.

On the plus side, being refined is a part of life that I embrace. Even when life events don't pan out as you hope or expect, the one thing that NEVER EVER changes is God. His love for you and loyalty to you. This soothes my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Been catching up on your blog...awesome!!!
    Can't wait to meet you next time I'm in Austin!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete