Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yes, I'm going THERE...

Walls. Does this sound familiar? There's hope! Jesus. He can shatter these walls. Blow them up. Destroy them. But He needs your cooperation. And mine! He can take away the bad, the hurtful and the ugly. That which robs us of our true, liberating freedom In Christ.

My recent wall was forgiveness. I harbored so many hard feelings towards my neighbor over the last seven years that I couldn't see straight at times. I wish I was joking. No such luck! The feelings of resentment and bitterness would ebb and flow, depending on when they were actively stirring up trouble. As you might have previously read, there is no more law suit. Praise God! He turned it all around. But even after the suit is over I had to continue my pursuit of forgiving them. At first I really didn't even want to go there. I had reason to put this wall up! Then it began to rob me of my joy. My freedom In Christ. The comfort of my home. The joy in my marriage. The freedom to play outside and not think of bitterness. God stirred in me an obedience factor to His word. Yes, this pertains to me (and you)... "But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." (Matthew 6:15 NIV).

Let me nudge you along...just mutter the words to God...whatever your wall is...just give it to Him. He hears you. He loves you. He is happy with you for being bold and brave enough to go THERE! He will begin a new work in you because of your obedience. Let's not stay complacent within our walls, or bitter, angry, scared, worried, overcome by them. Let's blow them up together so we can live out God's kingship. Once I uttered my words, something like..."I want to forgive ___, please help me to see them as you see them, Lord. I want them to have salvation. I want them to have joy in their hearts. I want them to be freed from whatever is making them so vengeful". The words kept coming. I began to look at my situation, my wall, the way Jesus viewed it. Ever so slowly and gently He began to release this hardness in my heart which ultimately brought freedom. Freedom to be who I am in Christ. Forgiving. And freedom to play outside and appreciate God's beauty in all creation. Most of all...I am so thankful to be able to share this story with my family, neighborhood friends, and you.

There is hope! His name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment