Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peace

Late last night, I cried out for prayers. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a warrior princess who lives in prayer. (I am a daughter of the King, after all, and I hope you are too!) I take God for His Word. In my spiritual maturity, I am strongly convicted by the power of prayer when two or three come together in agreement about anything, in His name, and pray according to His will He is with them. (Matthew 18:18)

Sisters, I am here to say that I am experiencing much relief after ice, Advil, elevating my foot over night, and the power of prayer. At the same time, I felt so small, and almost shameful because the needs in this life, this world around us, go far beyond my little accident. Although I believe God wants me to fulfill my dream of riding in the hill country when the roads are closed and more protected, where I can experience freedom in nature, and help support a cause that effects my near and dear family, friends and millions of others around the globe, I believe His priority above all else is refinement. You see, I really did overcome my mental walls I put up around myself. Fears of failure; quitting, second guessing my inner strength. For me it's a ride, an experience, not a race! It's about finishing with strength and dignity. It's about giving back and supporting those you love. I suddenly realized I had put up a mental block in my own mind. It became about getting to the bottom of the barrel. Realizing half the thoughts we put in place in our own minds are false pretenses; a.k.a. "walls" or "barriers", that hold us back from a life of fulfillment in Christ and experiencing His peace. True fulfillment comes from believing God is I AM. His Word tells us we can do all things in Christ who strengthens us and He works all of our trials and sufferings out for His eternal glory. I am good with that! In this case, He helped me get to the bottom of the lie I told myself. Whether I ride or not is yet to be determined, but plucking the fear out of my mind, training me, giving me an opportunity to experience His presence; this in itself is the true gem and His purpose!

Lean into Jesus. He is ready and waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment