Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Friday, December 16, 2011

We made it to the finish line!

Wow! We made it to the last memory verse of the year. I wish I could sit across from you and we could exchange verses and talk about what was going on in our lives at the times we choose the verses and how they impacted our circumstances and relationships. One of which comes to mind for me is Psalms 20:4...which I rehearsed over and over before my first tri-athalon; so much fun! I can even recall my January 1st verse, which takes me back to a place of warmth and trust. Each one of them hold a special place in my heart. I smile from ear to ear as I reflect back on the year and recall these biblical truths. I pray over each one of us that HIS truths would be engraved upon our hearts, thought life, and be quick to spew off our tongues when lead. Some of you are busy with younguns all day, some working full or part-time jobs, some are care givers, others (like me) are holding the fort down while our spouses travel and kids are in school. Nonetheless, we have hung in there together every step of the way. This is how the body of Christ works... We cling to our faith. We encourage. We try and pick up where we left off when we get side tracked. We build up. We walk alongside. We listen. No judgement. Only perseverance. It is a privilege for me to be in your company. Thank you, Sisters, for the support. As I've mentioned before, this journey would not have been possible without the mentorship of Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries. I hold her in high esteem and remain grateful for her ability to lead women (and men) in such a time as this. I close out the year with having completed her Jesus, The One and Only study and Living Beyond Yourself. Next month, some friends and I will embark upon her newly released James, Mercy Triumphs study. I hardly wait! Not being in a study cramps my style!! How about you? What studies or books have you accomplished in 2011 and what are you looking forward to in 2012?

2012 is almost here and between now and then I will be taking some time off to be with my family (my hubby is taking some time off work!) and coach our children on setting our hearts right before we gather around the Christmas tree. For us, this means serving one another, making goody bags for the homeless, and gathering 'round the lighted tree and reading from the book of Luke over hot cocoa and marshmallows or hot apple cider. (Yum!) I also found a biblical Christmas activity online that is age appropriate for our children (almost 11 & 8) that will guide us on a righteous path of remembering the reason for the season of gift giving. The older our children become the more important I see it is for us to ensure their tenderheartedness; now and throughout the year.

I look forward to reading how you will close out this very special year of worship through Scripture memorization. Do share! I am anticipating a midday time-out at one of my favorite local Austin day spas, Woodhouse, or there's Lake Austin Spa. We'll vote in January!!! Any other party suggestions? Lunch and a workout perhaps? Put your ideas out there!

Here's mine:
"Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests." (Luke 2:14 NIV)


Until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS and let's persevere together in the season of busyness and keep our hearts centered on the birth of our miraculous Savior, Jesus Christ; keeping HIM in the forefront of all we set out to accomplish.

Peace, love, and mirth from our home to yours.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment