Mission Statement:

Life's Silver Lining Mission Statement:

* a safe place for women to come together as a community to spur one another on in our daily walk with the Lord,
* to create a space to become inspired,
* to create space for support, and
* take on new territories for our lives.


Friday, January 13, 2012

Moving FORWARD into the new year...

Here we are in a new year. We have a choice to make. A conscience decision. Don't you just love that? The choice is ours! An opportunity.

Over and over I sense God whispering to me to hold on. Life, in my world, is a little fuzzy right now. To be more specific, I feel as if He is going to shake life up a bit. The choices I have are to panic, resist, ignore. I'm guessing you have your own words you could plug in here. Or, I could see it as an opportunity to prepare, be still, quiet myself, listen, study, create a monologue journal to record the journey in. What I'm getting at is I like change because my first recollection of a big upheaval, or change, had an enormous positive impact. I know not all experiences are the same. I get this. But change can be for our betterment. My prayer for you is that you would earnestly seek Him in the midst of your day. No matter what you're doing or where you are He is right there beside you. Even though you might not have time to quiet yourself, He's there. Everyone's path and journey is unique to them. Jeremiah 33:3 says if we call to Him He will teach us many unsearchable things we do not know!! Together let's ask Him to reveal Himself. As you begin to seek Him and ask for His presence, redirection, or guidance transition slowly to thanking Him for already knowing the outcome. This posture enables us to trust Him. Believe Him. Look for Him. From this point, we wait! Waiting with patience is the most painful, almost! unbearable. I know, I've been here before and I'm in the thick of it now. The best part of this new year and new expectations is knowing I submit. I give! He alone is in full control. This brings joy, comfort, and security!

I was blessed with a new Bible at Christmastime. After reading my devotion, I opened the new crispy pages looking for the bookmark. I found the silky brickred bookmark placed at the same passage where my devotional lead me. There it was in black and white; again!

Isaiah 43:18-19
"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. (Isaiah 43:18, 19 MSG)

This, dear Sister, is confirmation!

My prayers for you in this new year, this new beginning, is for God to richly bless you, stretch you, and keep you.

What new study or journey are you embarking upon this new year? As for me, I have begun a study on the life and book of James, Jesus' half brother. It is titled JAMES MERCY TRIUMPHS by Beth Moore. As I sense the need to hold on tightly for another spiritual growing pain/spurt, in the end I believe me and family will see sweet victory. I'm going to keep telling myself this!

As always, peace, love, and Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment